We are hiring a qualified accountant / manager at our Bicester office.
As accountant / manager, you will provide professional accountancy services to fee paying clients, which involves accounts and tax work for a diverse client base including limited companies and sole traders. You will support fee earners in running their portfolios and help to manage / support junior staff and trainees.
- Liaise with clients (individuals and businesses) and provide financial information and advice
- Produce year-end accounts
- Complete self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management information for small businesses
- Plan jobs for both yourself and others
- Review the work of junior colleagues and support them through their studies / apprenticeship
- Be qualified ACCA / ACA or similar
- Have demonstrated financial management experience and legislative compliance with the ability to interpret relevant legislation to clients.
- Be experienced working with clients in a busy accountancy practice.
- Have a good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero.
Ideally you will also:
- Be at least 1 – 2 years post qualified within a practice environment.
- Have experience of coaching and supporting junior team members.
- Be IT literate with Microsoft office to at least intermediate level and have a working knowledge of CCH.
You must have the ability to deliver a high-quality accountancy service to clients with excellent technical knowledge, have strong but empathic communication skills at all levels and with both clients and colleagues. Ideally be someone who likes to network and gain new business but is also comfortable working independently and without input from others. You may need to visit our other offices and clients on occasions so must be prepared to travel. Finally, we need a people person who is a team player and willing to help at whatever level.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Support for future study for further professional qualifications, if required
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Ability to join the PMI scheme
- Death in Service
- Excellent working conditions
If you have the necessary experience within a practice environment and are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm, then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current salary expectations.