Vacancy office: Banbury Office
We have an exciting opportunity to join the agricultural team at our Banbury office. You will provide support for directors of the agricultural portfolio in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients to include financial reporting, corporate taxation, personal taxation and planning and audit and assurance. In addition, through experience and knowledge, you will start to take responsibility for the largely agricultural focused portfolio and support more junior staff in their agricultural journey.
This is a new role for us and we are excited to welcome into the team someone with a real passion for the outdoors, a good working knowledge of agriculture/farming and a desire to grow and develop their accountancy career.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of accounts and review of accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the team, clearing all review points to director level. This will predominantly be farming businesses but will also include partnerships and sole traders.
- Working towards developing relationships with agricultural clients to become their first point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Ensure that necessary adjustments are made to accounts after review and prior to finalisation with the client.
- Job tracking and management to include preparation of draft documents.
- Preparation of tax computations for review.
- Delegation of work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including review of work once completed.
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern and recommend actions for improvement.
- Be part of a team undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines. Work towards managing audits for agricultural clients.
With significant working knowledge of agriculture/farming, you may be QBE or be working towards ICAEW / ACCA (we will continue to support you in continued study if required). You will ideally have previous experience of working within a practice environment, but you will most definitely be able to identify a problem and provide a possible solution to directors. You will also be able to demonstrate excellent numeracy/literacy skills along with strong IT skills.
We will offer you
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face. In addition, we will offer –
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 Bank Holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join a PMI scheme
- Death in Service
- Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee/fruit/car parking
If this sounds like you and you are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating your current salary expectations.