Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a part-time or full-time Bookkeeper to support our High Wycombe office. This role would suit someone who can work from home or from the office but must be able to attend the office on a regular basis to at least collect and deliver work.
Your responsibilities as our bookkeeper will include:
- Processing client records to either QuickBooks or Xero. Calculate & make adjustments for depreciation, prepayments, accruals & tax provision.
- Bank reconciliations, processing payroll journals.
- Review of clients’ account data in QuickBooks or Xero for the purposes of VAT return preparation. Prepare VAT returns including accruals & cash-based accounting, flat rate schemes & partial exemption calculations. File VAT returns with HMRC & within accounting data.
- Prepare management accounts from QuickBooks & Xero data.
- Submission of Instrastat returns & EC Sales lists.
You will be:
- Be able to demonstrate experience of previously working as a bookkeeper.
- Experienced working with QuickBooks and Xero.
- Numerate with strong IT skills.
- An excellent communicator with good verbal and written English skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and with a positive outlook.
- Interested in working with different clients in varying business sectors.
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and at clients’ sites when necessary.
In return, we will offer you:
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in High Wycombe. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff whilst giving the flexibility and autonomy needed for busy lifestyles. In addition to this, you will receive:
- A competitive salary with a flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join the PMI scheme after 3 months
- Death in Service scheme 2 times salary after 3 months
- Excellent working conditions with free tea & coffee / fruit / car parking / regular social events.
If you have the necessary experience and are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Should your application be unsuccessful, we would like to hold this information in our database for future suitable roles. You can request that we delete your data at any point.
Find out more
To find out more about us, follow us on social media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, take a look at the content we create for our clients on the blog and our YouTube channel, our fantastic Staff Away Day, as well as the other current vacancies we have here at Whitley Stimpson.