We are looking to recruit a qualified accountant to manage a portfolio of our agricultural clients based at our Banbury office.
You will report to the directors responsible for the agricultural portfolio and take responsibility for a large rural and agricultural focused portfolio. This will involve providing all round accounting and taxation services, offering tailored advice and planning.
This is a new role for us which has arisen through a combination of director retirements, positive growth over the last twelve months and planned future growth within this sector.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the agricultural team and clearing all review points to director level. This will include farming companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Developing relationships with clients through meetings and regular contact to ensure that you become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Providing consistently high levels of service to the entire portfolio covering all aspects of accounting and tax in a cost effective and timely manner
- Assisting the agricultural directors with specific advisory reports in relation to inheritance tax planning, development land, VAT registration, farm diversification and other matters that may arise which will cover all relevant taxes
- General management of the agricultural portfolio and monthly WIP management and billing, staff feedback following job review and workflow management to ensure all work is completed before the relevant deadlines
- Be qualified ACA/ ACCA /CTA, with direct agricultural knowledge and have a minimum of two years post qualification experience
- Have strong computer skills with the ability to use the MS office package
- Possess strong accounting skills that demonstrate experience with Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and Key Accounts
- Have the ability to review and complete accounts files and personal tax returns files in a cost effective and timely manner
- Be organised with the ability to prioritise jobs effectively
- Having agricultural audit experience is desirable but not essential. However, you will be self-motivated and career focused with demonstrable skills and a passion for delivering accounting services and taxation advice in this field
- Career focused with a desire to progress within Whitley Stimpson and willingness to work outside normal hours as required
- Have strong problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions
- As a team player you will have the ability to work autonomously when necessary but with an interest in people and a desire to assist more junior team members
- Have good marketing, networking and business development skills and desire to grow the portfolio
We will offer you:
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the ongoing challenging times we currently face. In addition to this, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join the PMI scheme after 3 months
- Death in Service scheme 4 times salary after 3 months
- Excellent working conditions with free tea & coffee / fruit / car parking
If you have the necessary experience within a practice environment and are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating your current salary expectations.