We are looking for two managers at our Bicester office who will provide professional accountancy services to our fee-paying clients. As well as supporting the director responsible for the office, you will work with other senior staff to manage the daily running of the office as well as supporting junior staff in their day-to-day work.
Your responsibilities as a manager will include:
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Reviewing year-end accounts and corporate tax returns
- Completing self-assessment tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Planning jobs for both self and others
- Responsible for billing, fee reviews and new client quotations
- Reviewing the work of junior colleagues and supporting them through their studies/apprenticeship
In addition, as the senior manager:
- Reporting directly to the director to assist in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Work with other senior staff to manage the day-to-day running of the Bicester office
- Review work to identify relevant points to raise in client meetings
- Support and mentor trainees & junior members of staff
You will be:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA or similar (2 years post qualified manager & 6 years post qualified as a senior manager)
- Demonstrated financial management experience and legislative compliance with the ability to interpret relevant legislation to clients
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a varied portfolio of owner managed businesses in respect of accountancy, taxation & business advice (senior manager)
- Experience of managing a team (senior manager).
We will offer you:
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Bicester. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the ongoing challenging times we currently face. In addition to this, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join the PMI scheme after 3 months
- Death in Service scheme 4 times salary after 3 months
- Excellent working conditions with free tea & coffee/fruit/car parking.
If you have the necessary experience within a practice environment and are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating your current salary expectations.