You will provide support to managers and directors in providing professional accounting and audit services to our longstanding clients.
The services will include financial reporting, audit and assurance work, corporate taxation, personal taxation, and tax planning. Our clients are based in a variety of industries, including the not-for-profit sector. This provides a varied role and gives you a wide range of experience.
You will take responsibility for completing tasks accurately and meeting deadlines, to ensure the work is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of limited company accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by managers /directors
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations for review
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Planning and delivery of audit assignments
- Deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Manage client communication in an effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
You will be part-qualified ACCA / ICAEW with previous audit experience as well as experience working within practice. You will be self-driven, results-oriented, and have a positive outlook. As well as a desire to learn and develop yourself, you will be interested in supporting our trainees with their training and development. You must have good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to take accurate and well-structured notes. You will have strong IT skills, ideally with a working knowledge of Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, and CCH but must also be competent in both Word and Excel.
We will offer you:
The opportunity to join a strong, dynamic, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in putting its staff first and in turn, providing client excellence.
In addition to this, you will receive:
- A competitive salary with 6 monthly salary reviews if under a training contract
- A flexible working environment including flexitime and hybrid working
- Training support for future study and/or completion of professional qualification at the Reed Business School to include paid time for study and exams
- 25 days annual holiday (after completion of studies) in addition to 8 Bank Holidays (20 plus 8 Bank Holidays if under a training contract)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join a PMI scheme after probation to include the benefits of the Vitality Programme, helping you to take control of your health and lifestyle
- WeCare Health and Wellbeing Support
- Regular staff social events and the opportunity to support charity events
- Free onsite parking
- Internal career progression (some of our current directors joined us as trainees)
- Death in Service after probation
If this vacancy is of interest to you please send your CV and cover letter, including where you saw this job advertised to email@example.com