We are hiring a part-qualified accountant based in our Banbury office. This role will have a focus on audits whilst supporting the directors with a variety of services when required.
Having acquired a number of new audit clients in addition to the current portfolio, this role will include working on a number of audits, growing the client base further and maintaining existing client relationships.
You will provide support for managers and directors in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients.
As a part-qualified accountant, you will take responsibility for completing tasks accurately and to deadlines in order ensure the audit is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will supervise junior staff as well as preparing audit planning documentation for review.
When not involved in audits you will support directors with a varied general portfolio providing a wide range of services.
The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation and personal taxation and tax planning giving you a wide range of experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP
- Planning and delivery of audit assignments
- Preparation of limited company accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by managers / directors
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Preparation of partnership and sole trade accounts
- Manage client communication in an effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for review
- Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns
- Management accounts preparation
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern to managers / directors and recommend actions for improvement
- Mentor junior accounts and audit trainees
You will be part-qualified ACCA / ICAEW with previous audit experience as well as experience of working within practice. You will be self-driven, results orientated and with a positive outlook. As well as a desire to learn and develop yourself, you will be interested in supporting our trainees with their training and development. You must have good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to take accurate and well structured notes. You will have strong IT skills, ideally with a working knowledge of Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and CCH but must also be competent in both Word & Excel.
We will offer you:
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face. In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Training support for future study
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join a PMI scheme once qualified
- Death in Service once qualified
- Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee / fruit / car parking
If this sounds like you and you are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating your current salary expectations.