Vacancy office: High Wycombe Office
Do you have experience of service charge accounting – if so, we want to hear from you. We have an interesting vacancy at our High Wycombe office.
You will provide support in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients. This will be predominantly be support for the service charge accounting team (up to 70%) but will also include more general accounts duties as and when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of financial information summaries as required by property managers, freehold owners or third parties
- Working alongside the team to deliver accurate year-end accounts to the client, corresponding with clients to resolve queries and ensuring a high quality service in a timely fashion
- Assisting with certification and audit procedures relating to service charge accounts
- Overseeing the preparation of financial information summaries prepared by other members of the team
- Providing assistance and support to the Service Charge Accounts Manager as required in relation to the service charge portfolio
- Preparation of accounts for clients for review by managers. Ensure that necessary adjustments are made after review and prior to finalisation with the client
- Bookkeeping for specific clients as necessary which may include travel to client premises
- Preparation of VAT returns, tax computations and highlight problems with client records or areas of concern to managers
You will be educated to at least GCSE level (or equivalent) with grades C / 4 and above in English Language and Maths. With an in-depth knowledge and experience of double entry book-keeping, you will be able to demonstrate excellent Microsoft Excel skills. Ideally you will have experience of working within an accounting environment and have an accountancy qualification – maybe AAT, ACCA or ACA or you will be qualified by experience. You must be organised, able to prioritise your own workload and have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Whilst able to develop relationships, you will be self-motivated as well as being a team player working towards a common goal.
We will offer you
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business at our High Wycombe office. We are a company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face. In addition, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join a PMI scheme – conditions apply
- Death in service – conditions apply
- Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee / fruit / car parking
If this sounds like you and you are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you. Please send your current CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current salary expectations.