The annual Budget seminar is a regular part of the business calendar for many clients and associates of Whitley Stimpson, but this year we haven’t been able to enjoy the usual networking over a bacon roll and a cup of tea. Instead, like many events during the coronavirus pandemic, the Spring Budget 2021 response was delivered by Ian Parker and Owen Kyffin by webinar.
After Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced the Budget on Wednesday, revealing the Government’s tax and spending plans, the duo began work on their presentation for the webinar. The aim, as always, to help make sense of it all, using relatable anecdotal knowledge to give an informative insight into how the Budget will affect us all.
The following areas were covered along with much more:
- Corporation tax rate changes
- Research and Development relief
- Furlough Scheme extension
- Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Business rates relief extension
- Non-essential shops and services grant scheme
- Recovery Loan Scheme
- Income tax thresholds frozen
- Annual investment allowance
- The super deduction
- VAT deferral scheme extension
- Apprenticeship bonuses
- Fuel and alcohol duties frozen
- Stamp duty land tax holiday extended
The video recording of the webinar can be viewed below.
Find out more about the Budget 2021 by following the links below.