- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
- A fifth of self-employed people will face extra one-off costs.
Partners in your progress
When you work with us, you’ll be working alongside a partner and advisor who’s genuinely interested in your success – but it all starts with a conversation.
Whether it's on the phone or over a coffee, we'd love to sit down and talk through any questions you have. Just give us a call, drop us an email, or fill in our contact form, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.